Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Starting Adcirca

My insurance company sent the approval, the drug company is subsidizing my copay and I will only be paying $30.00 per month. The adcirca arrived today. Oh happy day. I was so happy to get it and took it after reading the side effects. You can get headaches, nausea, lightheadedness and fainting. I have to get up slowly at least at first until I see how this will effect me.

You can't drink with the medications for this disease which I am sure is a big adjustment for some people.

Today at rehab I ran into a problem. I was having a bad day and just felt a bit of tightness in my chest as I was on the treadmill. My heartrate was too fast and they made me slow way down and then rest and stay awhile until the rate dropped down. It did and I came home and took it easy. I am currently reading the patient handbook for PH. It explains, in layman's terms, everything you need to know about the disease. Since it's not a common thing it's good to know things you might not know, even if you are communicating with a few other patients. Almost the day I was diagnosed I found a great website for the Pulmonary Hypertension Association with links for lots of things. I joined and ordered the guide from there. A great resource for any new patient, or even one who just wants to know more. I have learned about receptor cells and many other things.

1 comment:

  1. Adcirca is indicated to improve exercise ability in WHO Group I PAH patients, which encompasses patients with multiple forms of PAH including etiologies such as idiopathic and familial PAH as well as PAH associated with scleroderma and congenital heart disease.

    ReplyDelete