Sunday, December 18, 2011

Denial

I belong to a new group and I don't want to be a member. Not that there is anything wrong with the lovely people I have met in person, on the phone and in an online chat room. I just don't want to have this fatal condition. Sometimes it's overwhelming. I don't want to feel like that. I have to work on my knee jerk reaction to things. Yesterday my mail order company (which my insurance forces me to use) messed up. They mailed me blood thinner in the generic form where I can only take the name brand Coumadin. My doctor had called them about this before. They needed a new script and his office faxed one over without checking the written as dispensed box (they didn't see the need as the doctor had called and asked my record to be notated.) I yelled then called them and the woman kept telling me that I hadn't followed their guidelines. I kept saying they had the doctor's comments on file and she agreed but said I needed the rx rewritten and the box checked. I had already paid for this script and to her credit she got a supervisor to refund it since the pills had to go in the garbage.
I weighed myself and gained five pounds in fluid over the past two days. This is not good. Today I am not touching anything with a drop of salt in it. I am really concerned because this is the way you get into a fluid crisis. I broke down and had two slices of pizza on Friday. Big mistake. I can't have that much salt. I have made a pot of low sodium chicken soup for dinner. Just hoping that the diruretics get this off of me and fast.

1 comment:

  1. Seems nobody can follow simple directions these days. I think a knee jerk reaction to this prescription thing was warranted. Hope the fluid retention is a fluke and doesn't exasperate a bigger problem. I don't want you to have a fatal condition either, Nelle. I pray for you every night.

    ReplyDelete