Friday, December 16, 2011

Side Effects

I have learned that Adcirca has side effects. Didn't want to read them before I started it but I swear I have experienced almost all of the reported ones. Nausea hit me first but I fell asleep with my head elevated.Woke up with a headache (another one) and felt somewhat ill during the night. Second night I experienced bad leg pains and some back pain (symptoms 3 and 4.) I was afraid to take anything for pain as you are supposed to run anything you want to take by the pharmacist first. I had to endure leg pain until 8 a.m. when I got through to one. He said to try the Tylenol and if it didn't work I could take my prescription pain reliever. Whew. Hoping for some relief and I got it. By the way, have I mentioned that this isn't the kind of drug you pick up at CVS? There are a few companies that distribute it and you have to order it a week in advance. It comes via UPS. They say it will take a few months before I know if it's working so why do I have the side effects immediately? I am hoping that means it's helping right away to open up the blood vessels to the lung. I had to cancel rehab this morning as my legs could barely move. Hopefully next week will find me with more energy and less pain/symptoms.

No comments:

Post a Comment