Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Revatio At Last You Are Mine!

On Friday my new drug, revatio, was delivered. I got two doses in that day and have been taking three doses a day since then. It's hard to judge if it is working any better because it's been so very hot here. Today it's supposed to reach 94. When I go outside it's difficult to walk at all. Easier WITH the portable oxygen tank, yes but still not easy. I have been in a funk lately and over the weekend Rob took me to Joe's Crab Shack to cheer me up. The crab legs were delish but I have  never had a whole lobster before and when I saw it's eyes I coudn't eat it. I brought it home and my neighbor enjoyed it. I had enough to eat with the 4 shrimp, two crab legs (from a Queen crab) two boiled potatoes and an ear of corn. It was my belated birthday meal I hadn't had.

I have been so busy trying to get requalified to my long term disability for another six months. My SSDI payment is very low and this subsidizes it. Even with it, I only get 50% of what I made working. Without it I get less than 20% of what I made working. As prices steadily increase for EVERYTHING it's so difficult to get by on less. I had recieved some insurance money from my father's passing which was a tremendous help last year. That was a one time thing though. I don't mean to keep bringing up money but when I just saw my last bill for my U Penn visit it was really high. MY cost was over $400.00 for the ONE visit. Insurance paid about six thousand.

Today is Tuesday and that means our PH Chat in the afternoon which I really enjoy. I look forward to Tuesday afternoons, especially when it's too hot to be doing much of anyhing else. Stay cool.

4 comments:

  1. I'm sorry I haven't done afternoon chat in a few weeks (at least it feels that way!!)! I'm glad to be chatting with you now, though!! lol It makes me happy to know that chat helps people like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, my name is Elisa and I was just diagnosed with PAH and by reading your blog I can relate to what you are going through. I also started a blog to deal with my illnesses, I also have Lupus. I hope you had a great day, and if its possible can you give me more info about the chats you mentioned in your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elisa,
    Welcome to my blog. One of the best resources a patient with PAH can have is http://www.phassociation.org/. I registered there and you can enter the chat rooms for support at that site. I usually chat Tuesday afternoon 1-4 as that is most convenient for me, but there are many evening chats also. The friends there are a great resource of information and support. I find in the beginning that is what you need the most. Good luck to you and I will try to find your blog.
    Nelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent blog very nice and unique information related to Revatio. Thanks for sharing this information.
    Kamagra

    ReplyDelete