Sunday, July 1, 2012

Birthday Countdown.....

A week from today is my birthday. I'm so excited. Why? Because I made it to another one. Yea!!!! Every year since my cancer diagnosis at 23 has been a huge victory for me. I don't take life or anything for granted.

I went for my other CT scan and it showed no fluid. That was good....except they found two enlarged lymph nodes. (they had found one at U Penn last year.) Since I have a history of lymph gland cancer this is going to have to be monitored. My lung doctor said not to be panicked by this as my body has been through a lot of trauma and it could be some kind of virus or low grade infection. I am counting on that and honestly, not worrying much about it. There have been other times they thought I might have something and it was worrying for nothing. For me, the focus is getting those PH numbers down. My heart has improved which is why I am not mass producing the fluid right now. It has shrunk (it was very enlarged) and the third leaking valve is leaking less. Yes, I have yet another leaking valve. While I was on the operating table they tested it and it wasn't leaking but it slowly began to leak due to the heart failure and enlarged size. So, I will be focusing on the good and improved and hoping for things to get even better.

There is nothing I really want for my birthday. Just a great cake. Rob usually gets me a strawberry shortcake. Not just any strawberry shortcake but from a fabulous bakery. I love strawberry and we had it as the filling in our wedding cake. Lately I have been craving lemon. Maybe something with lemon. We'll see.

Stay cool. We are in another heatwave. A bad storm Friday night left many without electricity, including my family in the Maryland area. Hoping it comes back soon for them.

2 comments:

  1. You have a wonderful attitude. You have been through so much, yet here you are going strong, whatever is thrown at you. HAPPY BIRTHDAY in advance. I hope you have a FANTASTIC celebration. I have never heard of strawberry filling in a wedding cake. How scrumptious. Lemon is good, too, but not as sweet. Hope your family is safe. So many affected here. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to every birthday I have, because I don't think my doctors way back when I was a baby thought I'd still be around today! I hope your birthday will be fabulous! I'm glad your heart and health are pretty good right now so you can celebrate your special day!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete