Monday, August 13, 2012

Per Chance To Sleep

When I start a new medicine I try to avoid reading the side effects. Once I have what I think is one I pull out the information and check it. I have been having insomnia, many nights I am only getting four hours sleep and I am exhausted. Saturday night I was in bed asleep at ten p.m. and I slept until after seven a.m. on Sunday. It is almost 4 a.m. and I have not been to sleep yet, although I have been trying since midnight. My eyes are so fatigued. Sleep disturbances are a side effect for me.

Last Monday I saw my cardiologist. Remember in addition to the PH I have some heart issues. My EKG had changed and shown some problem. He discussed the possibilities and told me that he wanted a chemical stress test done as soon as they could obtain insurance approval for it. I haven't been given a date yet. My tachycardia is very bad right now also. When I have trouble sleeping this makes things much worse. I can hear the mechanical valves and the tachycardia distracts me from relaxing as I would like to. I am often reminded of Edgar Allen Poe's "The Taletell Heart." To say I am discouraged would be an understatement. I have medical bills coming in daily and I don't seem any better off than I was. I have times I wonder if they can actually help me. I am battling heart and lung problems, not just one or the other. I have been battling the old insurance company who didn't pay for several of my pulmonary rehab visits. The provider is insisting I pay. I did an appeal which was denied and have now filed a complaint with the insurance board for the state of New Jersey. I already paid her over $500.00 and she wants over $200 more from me. She doesn't care that her phone calls upset me either. It seems my days recently are spent dealing with this and other bills. I had three arrive in Saturday's mail.

Well, that's the latest news around here. I hope things will be better and I have some good news for my next post. Until I know the results from the stress test I will be concerned.

2 comments:

  1. Nelle I am so sorry your tachycardia is very bad, at this point. The fact you can hear the mechanical valves has to be unsettling for sure. I can understand why you feel so discouraged. Insurance problems seem to be the norm for people with health problems. I know exactly how frustrating it is for you. My doctor keeps ordering REPEAT tests and my insurance refuses to pay for them. So we're paying a little each month until they're paid off, adding new charges everytime I go to doctor. It's ridiculous. If you have coverage it should cover these things, period, if doctor deems it important in your treatment. HANG in there. As always I'm saying prayers for you. GOOD LUCK with the stress test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry things are not going well right now. The insurance nightmare shouldn't be something you need to deal with on a daily basis. It's bad enough you're worrying about your health! I'm praying for you. I wish there was something else that I could do! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete