Thursday, April 5, 2012

Sunshine and Happiness

For those of you who have followed me for awhile you know it's been quite awhile since I have had a day where I felt good. It happened yesterday! I am overjoyed. I woke up and saw the sun and knew it was going to be 70 and my heart soared. I went to get my blood test and found that my INR was within target (it had been too low for weeks putting me at risk for a blood clot) and I was somewhat concerned. After that I picked up my taxes and went to the new Dollar Quest store. Things there are usually more than a dollar but still bargains. After I found a few things I talked to my mother who was in Freehold getting her hair done. We met at Panera's and I had my favorite lunch. These days what I most enjoy eating is a salad. My favorite things on that salad include goat cheese or blue cheese, nuts, dark green lettuce, onions and grilled chicken or turkey. This filled the bill. Add a small piece of freshly baked bread and an ice tea with acai and I was over the top! I brought home my husband's favorite sandwich from there and didn't have to worry about dinner. I really wanted to plant some flowers but there is a breeze that if I am not in the sun chills me. I get cold very easily, I suspect it's the PH medicine I take.
I have upped my meds and gotten some fluid off of me. That has helped me. I am going to battle the fluids as long as my heart remains in heart failure. I am so hoping that the PH med will lessen if not stop it. I know that I will have good and bad days and I am determined to enjoy every second of the good ones. I had a bad night of sleep last night so hoping I can get a brief nap before my oxygen delivery so that I can enjoy this beautiful weather: sunny and warm.
Have a wonderul Passover or Easter.

3 comments:

  1. What a delightful afternoon. I am so happy for you. I know how rare GOOD days are. To have a GREAT one is a blessing. I hope you have a WONDERFUL Easter. Take care Nelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you're on Coumadin (and I think you are, right?? lol), then I'd attribute that to feeling cold all the time! I'm so very glad you had a good day yesterday! When good days happen for us, they are like gold!! (((HUGS)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Terre. Colleen, yes I am on the coumadin. I only had to have it up to 2.5 before July. When I got the second valve in July it got raised and now must be between 2.5 and 3.5. Perhaps the raise in it is why I am always cold. My hands are like ice. Hugs to you both. Hope you have a great Easter!

    ReplyDelete